Re: Different rendering in latex doc between Windows, macOS and GNU/Linu

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Different rendering in latex doc between Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 17:08:41 +0100 (CET)

> Il 26/11/2022 15:14 Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 13:48:33 +0100 (CET)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi
> >
> > Using both on Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux builds "emacs -q", I notice that
> > with
> >
> >   \emph{foo}
> >
> > 'foo' is rendered in 'italic' on Windows and macOS while it is rendered in
> > 'underlined bold' on GNU/Linux. I tried with different fonts on both
> > systems. The color is the same.
> >
> > Why the behavior is different on GNU/Linux?
>
> I suspect on GNU/Linux, Emacs is configured to load some optional package.
> The -q option doesn't disable site-init files.

Sorry, but I do not understand this. How can I disable that? I use two package
from MELPA and one from ELPA and they are not loaded with 'emacs -q'... In any
case, see below...

> If the above doesn't solve the problem, please tell what face do you see on
> "foo" (using, for example, describe-text-properties).

The result of the above command is the same, both on Windows and GNU/Linux but
on GNU/Linux 'foo' is rendered in underline bold while on Windows it is in
italic. I create a foo.tex file with '\emph{foo}' on the first line and with
the cursor on 'f' of 'foo'. See the attachments..