Re: eglot and tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: eglot and tramp
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 14:50:54 +0100

Brian Cully <bjc@spork.org> writes:

Hi Brian,

>> Locally, I have tested it with the methods "docker" and "kubernetes", it
>> seems to work. I couldn't test with "podman", because I haven't such a
>> system just now.
>
> I've applied your patch, and will get back to you after I've used it for
> a few days. So far, so good, though. Is there any behavior I should be
> paying special attention to?

Hmm, does it show better performance when accessing an lsp server?

Otherwise, special restrictions for Tramp's direct async processes are
domented at (info "(tramp)Improving performance of asynchronous remote
processes").

>> For "nspawn" I cannot say anything, I don't use it. Perhaps it is
>> sufficient to add a similar line in its tramp-methods specification,
>> don't know. You as author might know it better. And if it works
>> sufficiently, we might also think about integrating it into
>> tramp-container.el. But this would be another story.
>
> If nspawn-style containers are desirable in mainline Tramp, I can put
> together a patch for you when I get some cycles.

Yes, it would be welcome in tramp-container.el. Even if it doesn't
support direct-async (yet).

> -bjc

Best regards, Michael.