An interesting line-motion bug.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: An interesting line-motion bug.
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 23:38:32 -0600

The attached file shows a reproduction recipe for a line-motion bug that had been nagging at me for some time. The file also includes some debugging information and a preliminary diagnosis.

I don't know this area of the code very well. While I can think of possible ways to fix this, each potential fix I've thought of so far raises questions that I don't feel secure about answering. If someone who knows this area well can make The Right Fix quickly, then great. If not, then I would be happy to keep studying and make a patch for review.

Best regards,
-Karl