Re: Tentative release schedule for Emacs 29.1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tentative release schedule for Emacs 29.1
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 15:12:23 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org,  Ihor
>  Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>,  Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com>
> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 12:52:17 +0800
>
> I think we should not cut the branch until bug#59183 is fixed.  I run
> into that serious crash every few days.

We will not release Emacs 29.1 with that bug, that's for sure.  But I
don't want to wait for its solution before cutting the release branch,
since we can continue working on it after the branching.

If your crashes are like the one reported there, how about if you
disable mouse-highlight as a temporary workaround?