Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 19:08:06 +0200

> From: João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com>
> Cc: arash@gnu.org,  theophilusx@gmail.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 15:38:32 +0000
>
> >> A good docstring (can it  be improved?) containing good descriptions
> >> and some ready-made recipes is the current and best approach to these
> >> things.
> >
> > Sorry, but I disagree.  No doc string can reasonably teach users
> > advanced Lisp.  That's a non-starter.
>
> Funny, that's how I learned all my Elisp until I learned of the Elisp
> manual a few years ago.  And this is not "advanced" stuff at all.  This
> is all that's needed:

We are miscommunicating: I thought you were suggesting to explain the
structure of eglot-server-programs's data structure and the methods of
augmenting it in the doc string.  (You could have guessed that I
didn't mean such a simple addition to a doc string, the moment you
wrote the "funny" and the "advanced" parts of your reply.  You know me
well enough for that.)