Re: Make peg.el a built-in library?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Make peg.el a built-in library?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 08:10:55 -0800

>> And that's about the only hint you get. I was trying to parse a
>> multiword name like
>>
>> Eric Edwin Abrahamsen
>
> Side note: the division between "given name" a "family name" is not
> a universal property, so as general rule I'd advise against trying to do
> it (and treat the whole thing as just "the name" without trying to
> analyze its structure) unless there's some strong external factor that
> requires it.

Oh, I've gone down all the rabbit holes... EBDB doesn't force this, it
distinguishes between "complex" and "simple" names, and also allows
"complex" names that only have a given name, or a list of given names,
etc. Input can be done explicitly, field by field, or you can just chunk
a string in there and see what happens. This peg.el adventure is only
about "seeing what happens" with complex names.