Re: feature/package-vc has been merged

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: feature/package-vc has been merged
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 09:54:44 +0100

> I personally like the distinction between `~/.emacs.d/elpa` (for
> packages that are installed as "black boxes") and those installed from
> Git which are stored in a "regular" location (i.e. where I keep my
> source code rather than my config).

Yes, doing it the other way would also be pretty confusing: how to
remember which directories in ~/.emacs.d/elpa are git repositories?

It would also break my use case: in combination with (use-package foo
:ensure t), a simple "rm -rf ~/.emacs.d/elpa" and restarting Emacs
lets me reinstall (and upgrade) all packages automatically.  I do that
pretty frequently.  I guess use-package must grow support for
package-vc though.