Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 02:47:34 -0500

  > > That is unreasonable.  People have been installing very large changes
  > > just lately.

  > No, they haven't, not lately anyway.

I think package-vc was just installed in master this weekend, and
noverlays a few days ago.  I think there was another in the past week.

  > It is a minor feature, indeed, but its effect on low-level code is
  > quite significant and could potentially destabilize Emacs.

It adds a feature that nothing in Emacs actually uses.
It is potentially significant, but it won't affect anything
if you don't use it.  I think you have exaggerated a .01 into .99.

Basically, you haven't convinced me that there is a basis for this
conclusion.