Re: CC Mode -> Tree sitter challenge

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CC Mode -> Tree sitter challenge
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 15:31:44 +0200

> From: Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, casouri@gmail.com, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca
> Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 14:12:14 +0100
>
> So this is the code with results thus far.  It is immediately apparent
> how much faster this is, IMO.  Every test is run from a fresh `emacs
> -Q`.  I just eval the files, enable the modes and run the tests.
>
> What do you think?

Looks very promising, thanks.

> Is there anything clearly wrong with the benchmarks?

I hope not ;-)

> In many of the cases tree-sitter is an order of magnitude faster.

Only in the "go-to-EOB" one, it looks like?  in the others it is 3
times faster on the average, or what did I miss?

How about benchmarking indentation?  E.g., how long does it take to
re-indent a large enough function when you add, say, 'if {' at the
beginning and '}' at the end?