Re: feature/package+vc 04c4c578c7 3/4: Allow for packages to be installe

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: feature/package+vc 04c4c578c7 3/4: Allow for packages to be installed directly from VCS
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 19:35:19 +0100

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> The GNU Project uses CVS.  We need Emacs to continue to support it.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that (though some people might ask
why GNU is still using CVS).

But isn't this discussion about package-vc.el?  I don't think I
understand how a convenience feature intended to simplify Emacs
package installation and development could affect the GNU project as a
whole.  Are there any GNU packages for Emacs that still use CVS?  If
yes, why don't they use Git?