Re: [Patch] Avoid recording chars when reading passwords

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: [Patch] Avoid recording chars when reading passwords
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 11:58:30 +0200

Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org> writes:

[...]

> And I think it would be useful to record non self-insert keys (like
> "M-x") while typing password, since those key aren't related to the
> password.

Hi,

I've just tried and this patch does just that: you can "M-x something"
in the middle of entering a password and the execute-extended-command
will be recorded but not the password.

Eli, Stefan, should I try to have a custom to revert this back?  What
would be the name of such custom?  record-password?
--
Manuel Giraud