Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 14:54:29 +0200

> In this specific paragraph, I was referring to file:, id:, help:, and
> https: links.

So you were talking about these?

[[http://angg.twu.net/emacsconf2019.html][How to record executable notes with
eev - and how to play them back]]

Then I posit that it's trivial to get to a speedy 90% solution for these.

Anyway, for the people that say we should convert README.org files to
"text" and display that -- that's not a very satisfactory solution.  To
take an arbitrary README.org -- the one in eev.  The text version starts
off with:

---
  The best introductions to eev are:

  - "[How to record executable notes with eev - and how to play them
    back]": my talk at the EmacsConf 2019. Executable notes are mostly
    made of [sexp hyperlinks] and [eepitch blocks]. This talk has a
    quick explanation of sexp hyperlinks at [slides 5 and 6], a mention
---

which looks nice, but all those []'s are links, so you get a block down
below that's like:

---
[How to record executable notes with eev - and how to play them back]
<http://angg.twu.net/emacsconf2019.html>

[sexp hyperlinks]
<http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html#3>

[eepitch blocks]
<http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html#6>
---

Which isn't very nice.  It should be displayed as: