Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Convert README.org to plain text README while installing package
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:33:46 +0800

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In short, no.
>
> Is that a challenge?  😀

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean here.

>> And even if that job is done, we cannot remove links from the parser.
>> Yet, according to the previous benchmarks in this thread, loading links
>> (that is what org-modules contains by default) is giving the largest
>> overheads.
>
> What do you mean by "links" in this context?

In this specific paragraph, I was referring to file:, id:, help:, and
https: links. They (except help:) can be easily found in various README
files. Setting up links involves allocation of fairly large strings (see
org-element--set-regexps), which, I suspect, is creating a lot of load
on Emacs GC and slowing down the loading (especially when Emacs session
is already running for some time and GC must sweep across all the
available objects).

Best,
Ihor