Re: native compilation units

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: native compilation units
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 10:46:59 -0400

> Unrelated, but the one type of file I don't seem to be able to produce AOT
> (because I have no way to specify them) in the system directory are the
> subr/trampoline files.  Any hints on how to make those AOT in the system
> directory?

[ No idea, sorry.  ]

> Also, I should have responded to the first question - "minutes" on recent
> server-grade hardware with 24 cores and >100GB of RAM.  That was with 1193
> enabled packages in my .emacs file.

And those minutes are all spent in `package-activate-all` or are they
spent in other parts of the init file?

[ Also, in my experience several packages are poorly behaved in the sense
  that they presume that if you install them you will probably use them in
  all Emacs sessions so they eagerly load/execute a lot of code
  during startup (some even enable themselves unconditionally).
  In those cases `package-quickstart` doesn't help very much.  ]

        Stefan