Re: Compiling Emacs from source for hacking on it

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Compiling Emacs from source for hacking on it
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 22:47:37 +0600

> Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org> writes:

>>> If using -Q solves the problem, look for the reason in your init files
>>> or site-init files.  Also, maybe you have some installed packages that
>>> get activated at startup?
>>
>> Ahh, I didn't thought about that.  Guix and package is loading autoloads
>> which might cause it.  But interestingly, the "with-memoization is
>> undefined" problem doesn't occur when I call temacs.
>
> I also had issues with Guix, so I start Emacs using a little script I
> have in ~/.local/bin with these contents

> #!/bin/sh
> exec EMACSLOADPATH="" ~/Source/emacs/src/emacs "$@"
>
> And everything works just fine.

Yeah, I must like that, especially the "exec", about which I always
forget.

Is there any way to use the Guix packages?  I guess I need to do some
magic (like modifing load-path maybe) from my init file.

BTW, is this problem unique to Guix or exists in any other distribution?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5