Re: python minor-mode

From: Barry Warsaw
Subject: Re: python minor-mode
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 17:31:46 -0700

Hi TV, good to hear from you too.  Hi also to Stefan and Andreas.

I agree it would be good to find a way to merge the functionality of the two
modes, but of course it’s more than that because the variables and settings
would also have to merge.  It would be a huge bit of work, and definitely not
something that I would have any bandwidth for.  python-mode.el’s been around
for 30 years now, almost as long as Python itself.  It’s sad that these two
modes have existed independently for so long.

Cheers,
-Barry