Re: Steve Yegge on tabbed UI, 2008

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Steve Yegge on tabbed UI, 2008
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:20:29 +0000

On Monday, 14 Mar 2022 at 10:32, Robert Pluim wrote:
> I donʼt use tabs with Emacs, because I find it much more convenient to
> have multiple fullscreen frames overlaying each other.

There's always more than one way to accomplish the same thing!  One of
the pleasures of using Emacs.

My preference for tabs over multiple frames is mostly due to the issue
of key bindings as I end up (sometimes) using different window managers
and window (X parlance) switching requires different keys.  Customising
Emacs is almost always much easier (for me) than doing so for the WM.

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.2 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.2