Re: File names in ChangeLog entries

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: File names in ChangeLog entries
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 18:16:36 -0500

> I've had to spend quite some time fixing up ChangeLog entries in
> preparation of the Emacs 28 pretest, and as you can imagine this work is
> both manual and time consuming.

FWIW, I can't remember the last time I looked at a ChangeLog file.

OTOH, I would really appreciate if people could be careful to always
include some kind of file information on the first line of their commit.
Too often I see commits whose first line doesn't unambiguously indicate
which part of Emacs's code is changed.

        Stefan