Re: Mouse wheel release events?

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: Mouse wheel release events?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 21:18:56 +0100

On 30/11/2021 03:28, Po Lu wrote:
Some mouse wheels generate special events when the user moves his finger
off the wheel, even if the wheel was not previously clicked.

These events are used by most applications to start inertial scrolling,
support for which I would like to add to Emacs.

I want to add a `wheel-release' event that is sent every time Emacs
receives such an event from the mouse wheel.  Is that okay?

Which environment gives applications access to this kind of events? I think on (modernish) GNU/Linux these would be handled by libinput directly, relieving the application from the duty of handling these.

Cheers,
Dan