Re: GStreamer xwidget

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: GStreamer xwidget
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 01:09:24 -0500

  > A possible application scenario would be also to stream or capture
  > your web camera;

That looks like is a niche scenario.  Does the argument for including
this feature rest on that scenario?  If so, it's pretty clear that
this isn't worth the effort of maintaining.

My point here is, niche uses are not enough to affect the issue at
hand.

I am sure the GStreamer feature has more important uses.  I'm not sure
what makes them so important, but if people think they are useful
enough to be worth the effort of maintaining it, I am sure that's true.

The issue that worries me is a potential deeper problem.  At present
it looks like things are probably ok -- see the other email -- but
it's not clear yet.