Re: could matlab-mode be in ELPA or the GNU emacs tree (like auctex and

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: could matlab-mode be in ELPA or the GNU emacs tree (like auctex and org-mode)?
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:56:34 +0100

>>> "RS" == Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>> I know that matlab is a commercial product and its license is not
>> compatible with the GPL, but the same could be said about MS Windows OS
>> and MacOS and yet GNU Emacs support these OSs.

> The GNU Project has standard about what to do in situations like this.
> Its conclusion in this case is that it is ok to include Matlab mode in
> Emacs.  Likewise, ok to make Emacs run on Windows or MacOS.

Ok, thanks for the clarification RMS.
Anybody else: is this settled, then?

I am asking because I have to start round two of code-digging as Stefan
suggested to find out whether each and every line that has been included by
patches a long time ago is

    1. either deleted or

    2. in case it survived try to contact the author.

That is a rather time consuming activity and I don't want in the last minute to
hear an objection to include matlab-mode, as you maybe understand.

Regards