Re: Tick Reduction

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Tick Reduction
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 08:59:38 +0100

> I think it would be natural to do all "strings" in doc strings as
> monospace, though.

Except for when you want to say things like:

    This "frobnicates" the turbo encabulator.

IOW, where the thing in quotes are just regular words.  I'm positive we
have such cases, but I can't remember where.

> I think going full Org in the doc strings would be excessive -- it's
> pretty easy to detect Emacs Lisp.

Yes, it must be slimmed down to its absolute bare essentials.  IOW, we
should consider only those parts that we see a need for.

BTW, Markdown has a nice way to mark monospace blocks, if we want to
avoid relying on heuristics or simply provide a fire-escape if it fails:

```
like this
```

Although it is far less powerful than what Org-mode does, it is also
much simpler and less noisy.