Re: SVG hack for display engine

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: SVG hack for display engine
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 15:08:00 +0100

Hi,

Please don’t restrict your deliberations to pop-ups; that would be way too
narrow a scope. Think of tables with different size faces in lines, rows, or
even individual cells. Our tables using variable pitch fonts. Then, there other
day, there was a discussion on this very list, about “universal tab stops” when
using variable pitch fonts.

All of these, and probably many more, use cases would be enabled by an SVG
based display engine.

  --alex