Re: emacs-28 d9b0b73 1/2: * doc/emacs/frames.texi (Tab Bars): Describe t

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: emacs-28 d9b0b73 1/2: * doc/emacs/frames.texi (Tab Bars): Describe tab-last.
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 18:44:41 +0100

    >>> *** New optional key binding for 'tab-last'.
    >>> If you customize the user option 'tab-bar-select-tab-modifiers' to
    >>> allow selecting tabs using their index numbers, the '<MODIFIER>-9' key
    >>> is bound to 'tab-last', and switches to the last tab.  Here <MODIFIER>
    >>> is any of the modifiers in the list that is the value of
    >>> +'tab-bar-select-tab-modifiers'.  You can also use positive indices,
    >>> +which count from the last tab: 1 is the last tab, 2 the one before
    >>> that, etc.
    >>
    >> Hi Juri, this contradicts what the docstring for
    >> `tab-bar-select-tab-modifiers' says about indices.

    Juri> Please try to type 'C-u 2 <MODIFIER>-9'.
    Juri> It selects the tab before the last tab.
    Juri> Maybe 'C-u -2 <MODIFIER>-9' should do the same?
    Juri> E.g. by using '(abs)' on the argument?

Hmm, ok. I got confused by the 'tab-bar-select-tab-modifiers'
docstring, which says

    List of modifier keys for selecting tab-bar tabs by their numbers.
    Possible modifier keys are `control', `meta', `shift', `hyper', `super' and
    `alt'.  Pressing one of the modifiers in the list and a digit selects
    the tab whose number equals the digit.  Negative numbers count from
    the end of the tab bar.  The digit 9 selects the last (rightmost) tab.
    For easier selection of tabs by their numbers, consider customizing
    `tab-bar-tab-hints', which will show tab numbers alongside the tab name.

Perhaps the option of doing C-u <digit> <MODIFIER>-9 should be
mentioned there as well?

Robert