Re: Any new method to deal with Emacs Fonts settings puzzles nearly ever

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Any new method to deal with Emacs Fonts settings puzzles nearly every Chinese emacser?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 20:47:15 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Can we caculate line-height based on the max fonts height in fontset,
>> instead of ASCII font?
>
> Fontsets don't usually define sizes of fonts.  And if you do define
> the size, what happens when Emacs needs a smaller or larger font for
> the same script or range of characters?

I did some experimentation with another commonly used GUI application,
Chromium.  I take back what I said earlier about GUI programs not doing
anything to resolve this problem: it simply scales the larger font's
glyphs until it fits into some predefined line height, which I think is
defined in CSS.

Thanks.