Re: The new keymap functions

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: The new keymap functions
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 13:04:04 +0100 (CET)

Nov 14, 2021, 03:42 by larsi@gnus.org:

> xenodasein@tutanota.de writes:
>
>> Any chance these can be integrated? There is a function for key
>> removal too.
>>

> That's the one that was proposed (and is buggy).
>
> So, I've had a look at the chartable stuf -- and...  is the structure of
> a chartable documented anywhere?  Because skimming that file wasn't super
> enlightening.  🤨  But as I guessed, there doesn't seem to be any way to
> remove a chartable entry?  (As opposed to making the entry nil.)
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>  bloggy blog: > http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

Ouch, sad to hear. Keymap internals seem all over the place and hard to
understand, I'd be impressed if someone can actually can modify them without
any hidden bugs...

I always wondered why setting a key to nil made it t in char-table, and if I
could reverse it. I think we must have a way to reverse/delete them both in
sparse and full keymaps, because it directly affects functionality.
Thank you very much for having a go at this.