Re: Why doesn't Emacs have an `active-timer-p' command, or why can't I f

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Why doesn't Emacs have an `active-timer-p' command, or why can't I find it?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 21:08:52 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 22:37:43 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 20:31:24 +0000
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>

> > There doesn't appear to be an easy way in a Lisp program to determine if
> > a timer object is active.

> What is an "active timer", and how does it differ from a non-active
> one?

An active timer is one which will trigger its timer function at the
appropriate time.

A non-active timer is one which will not trigger any timer function -
for example, a non-repeating timer which has already triggered.

timerp returns t for both of these objects.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).