Re: Unicode confusables and reordering characters considered harmful

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Unicode confusables and reordering characters considered harmful
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 19:03:18 +0200

> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 18:47:12 +0300
>
> Here's also an article from yesterday focusing on _invisible_ characters:
>
> https://certitude.consulting/blog/en/invisible-backdoor/

First, that character (U+3164) is not invisible in Emacs: it displays
as a very wide space, so should probably stand out even if not
specifically highlighted.

And second, UTS #39 covers such characters as well.  So if we
implement some of the recommendations there, we will flag this case as
well.

But yes, this is one more case we should be able to handle.