Re: Future of display engine and lines

From: chad
Subject: Re: Future of display engine and lines
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 15:13:28 -0800

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 8:04 AM Alexandre Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> wrote:

The question is not to have multiple gaps (although that would actually be
useful for some extensions like multiple-cursors (which btw is pretty nice
and emacs is the only editor to support that)),

I think I might misunderstand you, because, if I recall correctly, Emacs' multiple-cursor support is a port of the concept from Atom, which borrowed it from Sublime Text. In any case, at this point multiple-cursor support (perhaps under varying names) exists in several commonly used editors, including gedit and vscode.