Re: PR: dired-do-create-files now checks for trailing slashes in the tar

From: Rudi C
Subject: Re: PR: dired-do-create-files now checks for trailing slashes in the target
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 16:22:59 +0330

Okay, I have attached a new patch (no need for the previous patches).

PS: I inserted newlines into the docstring to make the lines shorter, but this makes the docstring ugly to view (as it is essentially hardwrapping based on an arbitrary column size that the user's screen will not share).

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 6:45 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: Rudi C <rudiwillalwaysloveyou@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:38:08 +0330
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org>, Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>,
>       emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> +(defcustom dired-create-destination-dirs-trailing-separator-special nil

This variable's name is a mouthful; please let's find a shorter name.

> +  "If t, when selecting a single destination in Dired, paths that end in a path separator will be treated as a non-existent directory, and acted on according to `dired-create-destination-dirs'.
> +
> +This option is only relevant if `dired-create-destination-dirs' is not `nil', and you are moving/copying a single directory.
> +
> +For example, when renaming a directory named `old_name' to `new_name/' (note the trailing path separator), `new_name' might be created depending on `dired-create-destination-dirs' and `old_name' will be moved into it if it is created; Otherwise `old_name' will be directly renamed to `new_name'."
> +  :type '(choice (const :tag "Do not treat paths with a trailing path separator specially" nil)

These lines are too long; please divide them into shorter lines.