ELPA: add lin.el

From: Protesilaos Stavrou
Subject: ELPA: add lin.el
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 21:29:11 +0200

Hello everyone,

I have a small package called "LIN Is Noticeable" (LIN, lin, lin.el,
etc.).  It locally remaps the 'hl-line' face.

The user can enable 'lin-mode' in select major modes to have a more
intense (or just different) style for the highlighted line of
'hl-line-mode', without compromising the utility of the 'hl-line' face
in all other buffers.

Quote from the documentation:

    The idea is that 'hl-line' cannot work equally well for contexts
    with competing priorities: (i) line selection, or (ii) simple line
    highlight.  In the former case, the current line needs to be made
    prominent because it carries a specific meaning of some significance
    in the given context.  Whereas in the latter case, the primary mode
    of interaction does not revolve around the line highlight itself: it
    may be because the focus is on editing text or reading through the
    buffer's contents, so the current line highlight is more of a gentle
    reminder of the point's location on the vertical axis.

LIN does not enable 'hl-line-mode'.  It just remaps the 'hl-line' face.

I attach the patch for elpa.git.  What do you think?  I can provide
screenshots in case you need a demonstration.

Note that I received contributions from Nicolas De Jaeghere (in Cc).
Nicolas has also assigned copyright to the FSF.

All the best,
Protesilaos (or simply "Prot")

--
Protesilaos Stavrou