Hierarchical non-emoji character insertion

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Hierarchical non-emoji character insertion
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 18:28:34 +0100

I'm idly wondering whether we should also have something that resembles
`C-x 8 e e' for non-emojis.  I.e., human languages -> ancient languages ->
hieratic -> [those glyphs] (or whatever).  (Well, bad example, because
that's not part of Unicode.)

So I've poked around on the Unicode web site to see if they're published
anything like that, and apparently?  Just categories for
punctuation/math/etc.  Or am I looking in the wrong place?