Re: Entering emojis

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 00:36:03 +0100

> I tested it, and I like it.  Transient seems like a good choice for
> something this.  Another idea is to have a grid where you can pick one
> using arrow keys and RET, which might feel more familiar to some users
> (I'm not sure if transient supports this).  Or perhaps a combination
> of the two?

Using transient would work here but currently enabling such navigation
using (setq transient-enable-popup-navigation t) affects all transients.
A prefix slot that controls this behavior could be added of course.

Also the transient buffer's content is recreated after each command
(which isn't noticeable when using magit's transients but here it might)
and navigation also has some limitations.

So all in all I would stick with what you have implemented already.