Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 03:10:12 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> It doesn't fit in well with color themes, and tends to remind people of
> a "play/pause" button instead of an "expand" button.

I know that some people absolutely hate all colour, but in this context,
I don't think there's much danger that they're thinking that hitting

PNG image

is going to start playing music.

> And looks visually inconsistent with everything else currently done in
> Emacs (say, Customize buffers), and with popular packages (for example,
> magit).

Well, Customize and *Help* buffers are eventually going to use the same
insertion buttons, but that's going to take a while.  And one of the
choices for both is going to be these characters, most likely, so it'll
be consistent anyway.

Magit already isn't consistent with anything, so it's not relevant for
the discussion.