Re: eval-print-last-sexp: "Selecting deleted buffer" error when the curr

From: Matthew White
Subject: Re: eval-print-last-sexp: "Selecting deleted buffer" error when the current buffer is killed evaluating the expression
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 04:09:08 +0200

On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:13:02 +0300
Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> I think we should leave this issue alone, but maybe someone else has a
> different opinion and a rationale to go with that?

I definitely agree.

I also read the answer of Michael Heerdegen... I was too much into
studying eval-print-last-sexp... it even calls eval-print-sexp...!

I understand now, thanks to you and Michael.  Using C-x C-e rather
than C-j to call eval-print-sexp directly, to print the evaluation
result into the echo area, dispels my doubts.

It was a good excuse for me to look also into Emacs' C source code...

Thanks again.
-Matthew