Re: access to ELPA development packages?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: access to ELPA development packages?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 21:01:09 -0400

  > I'd like to use that now; I'm finishing a new ada-mode release, and I'd
  > like to have some community members alpha test it before the final
  > release.

Perhaps we should make test versions available only temporarily, so
that nobody goes on for years referring to a momentary test version.
We should tell people that we will delete the test version
once the new code has been installed in the Emacs repo,
and we should actually do that.

Or, what would you think of putting this in a branch in the Emacs repo?