Who obsoleted column-number-indicator-zero-based ?

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Who obsoleted column-number-indicator-zero-based ?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 17:02:42 -0400

Howdy!

I note that column-number-indicator-zero-based has been obsoleted on the master branch.

I added it some time ago (after adding the ability to one base the displayed column) because it is difficult to customize the joint line and column number display many of us use with both line-number-mode and column-number-mode on.

The deprecation message tells people to customize mode-line-position-column-format, which doesn't actually work if both these modes are on.

Perry