Re: Context menus and mouse-3

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Context menus and mouse-3
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 19:48:21 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> IMO, it's not a good idea to use "modern" in variable names.
>
> Something like mouse-friendly-mode or alt-mouse-mode, maybe?

Sure, any of those would work.

I personally don't mind the word "modern" too much, as it signals
something along the lines of: "avoid this mostly if you are a veteran
user and are too used to the old way".  But I'm all in favour of
finding a better word than "modern" to describe the grab-bag of
features that some of us would like to see under the general umbrella
"making Emacs more similar to contemporary software [unless there is
good reason to be different]".