Re: Swedish calendar localization in official release (sv-kalender.el)?

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Swedish calendar localization in official release (sv-kalender.el)?
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 16:00:36 +0300

* 2021-07-05 13:51:42+0200, Stefan Kangas wrote:

> The only drawback I see is that sometimes people stop maintaining
> things once they are merged into Emacs.  I'm not sure what could be
> done about that, or if others here even share that concern.  Perhaps
> we could set it up as a GNU ELPA core package?  Or perhaps I'm worried
> for no reason.

For some reference, I have created and been maintaining Finnish national
and Christian holidays package for Emacs. It is available through
services that probably can't be named here. In my opinion it is not even
copyright work. The calendar day locations itself are completely free in
Finland. So my "work", if there is some, is Creative Commons CC0 (public
domain dedication).

But I would be fine with making this package available through GNU Elpa.

https://github.com/tlikonen/suomalainen-kalenteri

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. https://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/