Re: About SASL authentication in rcirc

From: Alex McGrath
Subject: Re: About SASL authentication in rcirc
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 20:12:52 +0000

June 28, 2021 8:58 PM, "Tassilo Horn" <tsdh@gnu.org> wrote:

> Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Thanks, after removing the superfluous space between rcirc-auto and
>> -authenticate-flag in the hunk below, SASL authentication worked fine
>> for me on libera.chat.
>
> Oh, apparently I've looked at the wrong rcirc server buffer. On
> libera.chat where I've tried authentication with SASL, I eventually get
> the message
>
> *** 904 SASL authentication failed
>
> If you give me a pointer what needs to be debugger, I'll do so.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

I'm not sure why that would be, I tested with libera and it seemed to be
working. It might be worth checking that

```
(rcirc-get-server-password rcirc-server)
```
In the AUTHENTICATE handler is correctly retrieving the password.
Is there any sort of `SASL authentication aborted` message?

Thanks,
Alex