Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs

From: Dov Grobgeld
Subject: Re: Basic WYSIWYG printing in GNU Emacs
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 11:01:57 +0300

I think you would get much better international support if you combine
the emacs printing with my utf8-to-ps (or pdf or svg) program paps.
See: https://github.com/dov/paps . paps support "Pango Markup" so if
you convert emacs faces to pango markup, you can multi face and color
output.

Thinking about it since emacs is gtk based these days, it has pango
and cairo as implicit dependencies, so if these libraries were exposed
through the emacs lisp api, it would be possible to write a
replacement for paps in emacs. :-)

Regards,