Emacs <-> Lua bridge

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Emacs <-> Lua bridge
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 01:32:27 -0300

Hi list,

about a month ago I asked on the Lua mailing list if anyone there had
tried to create an Emacs module that would load Lua and then start a
Lua interpreter and let Emacs call it...

I received this answer,

and today I finally had time to compile that code on Debian and test
it. It looks prototype-ishy, but it is surprisingly functional - if we
run something that returns several values, like the second sexp here,

  (emlua-dostring "a = 22")
  (emlua-dostring "return a+33, '44', {}")

it retuns a vector like this,

  ["55" "44" "table: 0x55f5e0a15a10"]

with tostring-ed versions of all its return values, and if we run
something that yields an error it returns a string with Lua's error
message.

I haven't played much with it yet.
Happy hacking =),

  Eduardo Ochs