Re: [feature/internal-msys] thoughts of a more function windows package

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [feature/internal-msys] thoughts of a more function windows package
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 11:57:10 +0200

On January 26, 2021 9:37:48 AM GMT+02:00, "Óscar Fuentes" <ofv@wanadoo.es>
wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > That's right, I do use MSYS.
>
> That's why I wrote "although I don't expect that this [building on
> MSYS2] is checked regularly by the Emacs developers."

But everybody else who builds on Windows here uses MSYS2, so I still don't
understand the problem you had in mind.

> Whatever works in MSYS does not necessarily works on MSYS2.

Do you mean MSYS2 or do you mean MinGW64?  The former is supposed to work like
MSYS, for the latter I always check in their sources to make sure nothing would
break.  And again, others build with those tools and report (rare) problems
when they happen.  And if people stop using our build procedure with MinGW64,
there will be no reason to worry about it not working, right?