Re: master 1773679: Ensure that sentinels are called during 'accept-proc

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 1773679: Ensure that sentinels are called during 'accept-process-output'.
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 16:39:24 +0200

  branch: master
  commit 1773679af3241919a85d6174b1554070a63cca79
  Author: Philipp Stephani <phst@google.com>
  Commit: Philipp Stephani <phst@google.com>

      Ensure that sentinels are called during 'accept-process-output'.

      When we're trying to notify a process about a status change, we need
      to ignore the SIGCHLD pipe temporarily, otherwise the code would
      likely not run into the timeout case that's necessary for a status
      change to happen.

      * src/process.c (wait_reading_process_output): Ignore the SIGCHLD pipe
      when notifying a process about a status change.
      * test/src/process-tests.el (process-tests/sentinel-called)
      (process-tests/sentinel-with-multiple-processes): New unit tests.

Why do these new tests have to rely on Bash and on a particular
variety of 'echo'?  Can't you use (another instance of) Emacs instead?
That would allow to be able to run these tests on more platforms.

Thanks.