Re: 10 unexpected results

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 10 unexpected results
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 19:20:33 +0200

> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 18:06:39 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > 2 unexpected results:
> >    FAILED  bytecomp/warn-obsolete-hook\.el
> >    FAILED  bytecomp/warn-obsolete-variable\.el
> >
> > 5 unexpected results:
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defgeneric-el
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defun-defvar-el
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defun-el
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defvar-el
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-feature-el
> >
> > 3 unexpected results:
> >    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size
> >    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size-leading-space
> >    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size-trailing-space
>
> I can only reproduce the last 3, and it's a known problem being worked
> on as we speak.  The other tests all pass for me.  On what OS are you?

Actually, on another system I also see the other ones.  (It's strange
that the problems don't show on mine...)

The bytecomp failures are because the byte-compiler warnings
(sometimes?)  take more than one line, and the regexp there doesn't
match newlines.  I've a fix for that one, which I will install soon
(as soon as Savannah's Git server gets its act together...)

The xref-elisp failures seem to be due to text properties not being
stripped from strings before comparing them?  Can you show the
backtrace of one of these failing tests?