Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 10:57:36 -0500

  > > Not always.  We just had a case where there wasn't.  I am simply trying
  > > to ensure that the discussion will happen before the next release.

  > Yes, that's been clear from the beginning.
  > We just disagree,

The reason I think it matters whether the discussion happens
before the next release, or after, is that I was told that
after a release there is a presumption in favor of not reverting
the change that was made.  It adds up to a bureaucratic pitfall you
can get stuck in for not reading all the bug report mail.

We can't please everyone, but it is especially frustrating to be told
that your complaint will be disregarded because it is too late.

--
Dr Richard Stallman