Re: ai_flags in calls to getaddrinfo, broader call for reproducibility c

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: ai_flags in calls to getaddrinfo, broader call for reproducibility check
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:40:02 +0100

> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> So would I, but I can't make the future time commitment that Eli says
>> is necessary.
>
> I appreciate Eli's worries here, but you said you had a Windows VM, so
> you could test this before it's applied?  So do I, so if we test this
> thoroughly first, perhaps that'll alleviate some of the concerns.

I have a Windows VM, but it doesnʼt currently have any dev tools
installed. I think Eli is more worried about a year down the line when
something breaks.

I suppose if we made the change conditional on some variable as Stefan
suggested, default enable, then people could always get back the
previous behaviour by disabling it. I dislike that idea because itʼs
more work, but perhaps itʼs necessary here.

Robert