Re: A whole lotta auto-saving going

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: A whole lotta auto-saving going
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:09:29 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I suggest to put a breakpoint in Fdo_auto_save and see what invokes it
> and why.

Will do.

> I presume that this doesn't happen in "emacs -Q", because I was unable
> to reproduce it.  Then maybe some customizations cause this, directly
> or indirectly.  For example, maybe some timers or subprocesses cause
> this.

Yeah, I've not been able to reproduce it from -Q, either.  Timers
triggering it seems to be likely, but it also seems to perhaps have
something to do with the number of buffers with unsaved changes?  For
instance, when I'm typing away in this buffer, it was auto-saving every
half-dozen characters, or whenever I stopped typing for half a second.
But then I `C-u C-x s', and then it stopped being as aggressive...

Now it's just auto-saving whenever I stop typing for a second or so...