Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 10:32:58 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: ghe@sdf.org, juri@linkov.net, rudalics@gmx.at,
>       monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, eliz@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 01:34:32 -0500
>
> I think I was the first person to complain about it.  An entry in
> etc/NEWS would probably not have come to my attention, since I don't
> check it regularly.  But a posting on emacs-devel is something I would
> have noticed.

Reading NEWS each time one updates from the development branch of the
repository is something we expect from every user.  I suggest to start
reading it when you build a new development version: NEWS is our
standard way of announcing all the user-visible changes, and we invest
some serious effort in keeping it up-to-date and accurate.