Re: A whole lotta auto-saving going

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: A whole lotta auto-saving going
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 16:05:52 -0600

> The past few days on the trunk, I'm seeing "Auto-saving...done" a whole
> lot more than before.  Sometimes it's popping up every few characters
> I'm typing, which just seems unhelpful.
>
> I haven't investigated at all why this is happening -- is it immediately
> obvious to somebody what's going on?

I too am seeing this in my emacs config in enh-ruby-mode. If I change
auto-save-interval to 0, it stops. So it appears that the
auto-save-interval is somehow broken.

I wonder if adbb4eacc2a984c0fc0b65ec761368fd9067d6c5 is related?

There was a change to force_auto_save_soon including a deletion of
code that had a comment indicating the code wasn't fully understood at
some point:

-  /* FIXME: What's the relationship between forcing auto-save and adding
-     a buffer-switch event?  */
-  record_asynch_buffer_change ();

Aaron